Saturday, October 8, 2011

Caution Hitchhikers May Be Escaping Inmates.....

The highway sign reads "CAUTION HITCHHIKERS MAY BE ESCAPING INMATES" and it's a typical cautionary sign.  As I sat down to write this blog it dawned on me that a measure of caution is ALWAYS a good thing.  Most of my stories or lessons learned deal with people and because of that I need to tread lightly.  I know a number of people who have accidentally sent e-mails to the wrong recipients or posted things on My Space (do people still use that?), Twitter, Facebook and blogs that they shouldn't have.  I don't want to end up in a situation where something I write comes back to haunt me.

Often, when I'm doing a background check - whether it's pre-employment, pre-tenancy, criminal or some civil matter - I go to the social media sites to find out about the person I'm investigating.  I don't want to be that guy that makes others say"what was he thinking?"

No comments:

Post a Comment